10.08.2011

Pumpkin Bread

Well I am on day 6 of trying to eat no sweets. Can I tell you that it is one challenging thing! I have an extremely sweet tooth so I am always looking for something sweet that is not filled with tons of sugar. I also love to cook and bake so I have been looking for sugar free recipes. I found this great pumpkin bread recipe that actually turned out pretty good. There is no sugar but there is honey to sweeten it. Just put a little butter on it and it makes for a wonderful fall treat or breakfast. 


Whole Wheat Honey Pumpkin Bread 

1 ½ cups whole-wheat flour
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves 
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs
½ cup oil
½ cup honey
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pumpkin puree

Directions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In a large mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (from the flour down to the salt).Make a well (hole) in the center and throw in the eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla. Stir together thoroughly with a fork, but do not over mix.Fold in the pumpkin puree.
Spray the bread pan with cooking spray and then pour in the batter.
Bake for approximately 30 – 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment