10.29.2011

Battered Chicken


So the other day I found this wonderful recipe over here. I have always been wanting to find a good fried chicken recipe so I could make some chinese restaurant style chicken. I tried this recipe out and it really did turn out great! I plan on saving this recipe. 

Battered Chicken
1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1” chunks)
Oil (for deep frying)
Batter-
4 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup water
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 egg white

Mix all the batter ingredients together. Cover it and let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes. Cut the chicken in to small strips or cubes. Heat the oil in a pan to 350 degrees. After the batter has sat for at least 15 minutes dip the chicken in the batter and gently set in the oil for frying. Fry for 3 minutes on each side. Serve with any kind of sauce. I made up my own with oyster sauce, soy-sauce, honey, brown sugar, and garlic. Serve with rice or vegetables and it makes for a great meal! 



No comments:

Post a Comment