4.04.2011

Weekend Update

What a wonderful weekend it was! It was seriously so relaxing. It was general conference for my church, So most of Saturday and Sunday I got to listen to wonderful talks that were so inspiring and  motivating for me to become a better person! I loved every minute of it!I seriously love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. To learn more go here

Other then watching conference I sewed...
This is just a preview to what I am sewing... You will have to wait and see the end project. Hopefully I get it finished within the next two weeks.

I cooked lots of delicious food... 

These are Kale Chips
I have seen them online a lot and finally I thought I would try them. To be honest when I saw them the first couple of times they sounded like they wouldn't be good at all. But I then read that many people thought they were delicious and even kids liked them. I had some kale so why would I not at least try them? So I did and man oh man they were great!They were crunchy and salty just like real chips. Here is how I made them 
3-4 bunches of Kale
Olive Oil
Salt

rip the Kale in to little bite size pieces. Place on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss around on pan until they are fully coated. Sprinkle salt on top. Cook in a 300 degree oven for about 20 minutes. 
They really are delicious! I even tried them with some salsa and the combo was great! 


Banana Bread (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and almost sugar free)
I know I know this isn't following all the rules to my cleanse but it seemed to be a pretty healthy recipe so I thought I would try it out. Here is the recipe 

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups Brown Rice Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 Eggs, beaten
6 ripe Bananas, mashed
1/3 cup Honey
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup melted Coconut Oil
Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and spray the bread pan that you are using.
2. In a bowl mix together the rice flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and chopped walnuts.  
3. In a different bowl mix together the eggs, mashed bananas, honey, vanilla, and coconut oil cream. 
4. Mix the too mixtures together and pour into the prepared bread pan.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 
Once done and sliced I sprinkled some chocolate chips on top. 



Veggies and Rice
It gets hard coming up with creative things to eat while doing this cleanse. One thing that I have made a couple of times is vegetables and rice. This time here I cooked some brown rice up added soy sauce and garlic and served it with steamed vegetables on top. It actually was pretty tasty. 


And I got to spend time with some great friends! 

1 comment: