3.21.2011

Day One

Today was the first day of my cleanse. It actually went very well. Since I had not gone grocery shopping yet my breakfast and lunch items were a little weak and simple but here is the breakdown...
Breakfast
1 Banana 
1/2 cup peaches
Snack
Dried pears
Lunch 
Broccoli 
Carrots
Almonds
Dinner
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup 
Lettuce with Mushrooms tossed in olive oil with spices

I finally got to go grocery shopping this afternoon. I went to Winco, only my favorite grocery store. I feel like I save so much money every time I go there. I bought so many fruits, veggies, nuts, oats, etc. I was so excited to cook a yummy dinner when I got home. But first I went for a run. I haven't mentioned this yet but I am training for a half marathon that will be held in mid May. I missed running on Saturday so I had to make up for it today. So me and my Sister went running 8 miles! It actually was a great run and felt very good. So once I got back I made this delicious spicy tomato soup. I got the recipe off of foodnetwork.com and changed it up a little. Also, I took some pics but I didn't upload them tonight, so some other day I will upload. Here is the recipe for the soup. 

Spicy Tomato Soup(my version)
Ingredients:
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Carrot 
1/2 onion
1 clove of garlic
1/2 Can Marinara Sauce
14oz Chicken Broth
1/2 can pinto beans
red pepper flakes to taste
Salt 
Pepper

Sauté the carrots, onions, and garlic in a pot until soft.Add the Marinara sauce, chicken broth, beans, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. simmer for 20 min.     

2 comments:

  1. super inspiring!
    good luck!
    dallas
    http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmy that sounds delicious. Half marathon, oh how I wish I were that brave! Sounds like your diet is going very well. It was good to see you guys last night :) Sorry I tempted you with those snackies.

    ReplyDelete